Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 4... The Mall

Day 4...

We went to the mall yesterday.

I could probably just say "Nuff Said," and be done with it, but really, there is more to it than that. My wife wanted to lay out (which I'm all for, because she puts on a swim suit and gets tan) and the boys and I just weren't into it.

So we left to explore. Drove up the costal roadway from Delray, which, quite frankly, should feature a lot more ocean scenery than it does, the view being mostly blocked by trees and expensive homes and such. Searched and found a music store in Boynton Beach, which is really just another beachfront community on the east coast of Florida, but is sorta fun to say.

Turns out, there's not a lot of music stores in this area, which is kind of a bummer, but the one we found did have a few left-handed guitars, which is rare to any music store. They still weren't high-end models, but oh well. They never are, but I digress.

That led us to the mall right behind the music store. Pretty standard, really, but nice. Once again, however, after I leave, I'm struck by the irony that I have traveled to south Florida to visit a mall that virtually featured everything as do the malls in Indiana, including the oriental food we ate. Cory did buy us some Popeye's Chicken biscuits, though, so there's that.

Since we couldn't find anymore music stores, we decided instead to seek out pawn shops. Exciting stuff, yeah? We found a few, and with the exception of two teenage boys in charge of one who were watching Big Bang Theory on a big screen in the shop, they left a little to be desired, pawn shop-wise.

So what's the moral? I'm left to understand that, more or less, we are all creatures of habit. We all, I think, basically live and play in places that make us comfortable. We move when we become so uncomfortable we can't take it anymore. And when we leave home -- wherever home may be -- we eventually tend to seek out those things with which we are familiar. I'm trying to change that up a bit while I'm here, but I think there's something to be said for the fact that I'm waking up everyday in a gorgeous beach front home, with the Atlantic Ocean within arms reach, and I went to a mall.

On the other hand, I got to spend some time with my boys. And that ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment