Sunday, October 14, 2012

God's Beauty from Delray

Day 1

I'm sitting here on the patio on my first morning here in Delray. It's not my first time seeing the Atlantic Ocean but it is my first time here in this part of Florida.
 
As is always the case with the ocean, the view in the morning sun here is breathtaking and I'm reminded once again of the beauty of Gods creation. This is a place I think I could get used to and a place a person would want to make time for.
 
My wife says she loves palm trees. Says the sight of them just makes her happy. That makes me happy, because she deserves to feel that way and so I'm glad she's blessed with the chance to see one.
 
As pretty as it is though, I wonder why we always have to leave on a vacation and go away from our home to be reminded of the beauty of God and His creation. As I sit here and think about it, I see His beauty everyday in my normal life.
 
I wake up every morning next to His most beautiful creation. She's still asleep right now in the back bedroom, missing seeing the palm trees bending over in the morning wind off the surf. But she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, whether she's asleep or awake, here in Florida or back home again in Indiana.
 
The colors of the trees back home are beautiful right now. I think my yard is pretty. Especially after it's mowed. I have a cool yard. It's green, with the texture of clover and crab grass, and in the spring it's mixed with the colors of yellow and white of the dandelions and in the fall with the color of the falling leaves. Sometimes, we get lucky and those little purple patches of flowers just crop up all over the yard. Some people have boring yards, with no color or texture. Just green grass. I like mine better because all those pretty things come from God without any help from me at all.
 
Sometimes, I wake up and my two dogs are curled around me and my wife. Most times, actually. And occasionally my dog KC curls up with me and let's me hold him like a teddy bear. We'll sleep that way, he and I. I think that's beautiful.
 
I could go on, but the truth is, God's beauty is around us everywhere we go, no matter where we end up. And I suppose if there's anything I can take away from my time relaxing here, I want to remember that I don't have to leave home to experience God.
 
He's all around us, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment