Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Things I've Learned at Disney World: 2021 - Part II

DAY 2: Magic Kingdom

1) See #2 from yesterday's post. According to the "experts," crowd-wise, Tuesday is the best day of the week to attend MK. Having not been there for nearly 20 years, I've got nothing to compare it to. Overall, not too bad.

2) Much bigger park than Hollywood Studios, in terms of square mileage. Which means, more walking. I'm feeling it tonight.

3) That being said, I'm almost certain that the Mrs. and I would be in far worse shape energy-wise were we both still carrying around the extra 30-40 pounds from just a couple months ago. All-in-all, we're feeling great! Our diet plan makes it very easy to stick to, even at a place like Disney. (And saves is a TON of money.) Check out some of Ginger's FB posts if you want to learn more.

4) Something VERY interesting happened today. The Mrs. and I attended the presentation at The Hall of the Presidents. If you've never been, you should. If you've been, you know how cool it is. As they introduced each President, a few actually garnered a smattering of applause -- Abe Lincoln and Reagan, to name a couple. I'm not sure why, but I was actually prepared for a smattering of boos when Donald Trump was introduced. Instead, his animatronic received a resounding cheer and applause from the crowd, FAR more than any other President. (Joe Biden's introduction was met with dead silence.) Read into that what you want, but I found it very interesting.

5) Even though most of the attractions at MK have been there for decades (and yes, I remembered much more about MK) they haven't lost their luster at all. Being obviously all very Disney-esque, they're just so dang cute and enjoyable. There's just something very special about riding leisurely in a boat with your sweetie listening to "It's a Small World" about a thousand times. It never gets old.

6) Space Mountain would be much cooler with the lights ON. Half the thrill of a roller-coaster is seeing what's coming. Every twist and turn is past and gone before you have a chance to be scared by it. (Kings Island's "Racer" roller coaster is the same way. The forward coaster is much scarier than the backwards coaster.)

7) Positive Cinderella's castle used to be white. It's pink and blue and now.

8) Disney sure does love their parades.

9) Very few Disney characters just wandering around now. None, in fact. Apparently because of COVID. Not as much fun. I have a serious crush on Jasmine from Alladin. In 2003, I got my picture taken with her. No such luck this time.

10) I don't know, I think the whole matching T-Shirt thing, especially in the bigger groups, is way overdone. Cheesy and certainly un-original anymore, and CLEARLY not enjoyed by everyone in the group.

11) I'm surprised I enjoy Disney so much given that I have seen very few of their movies from start to finish. Was always more of a Warner Bros. guy than a Disney guy. Weird?

Vacation tip: Find out what restaurants are around where you're staying, and buy gift cards for those restaurants from Sam's Club at a big discount before you go. Saves a lot of money. Bought a $100 worth of GC for Logan's Steakhouse from Sam's for $87. Among others. All our dinners for this trip are already paid for, at a significant discount.

Tomorrow: Epcot.

No comments:

Post a Comment